1. Name: Valerie
2. Nicknames: Azelma is my online alias, beyond that I don't really have any nicknames. I'm not a nickname person. Val just doesn't fit me.
3. Age: 16
4. Birthday: January 29
5. Describe yourself positively in three words: determined, intellectual, considerate
6. Describe yourself negatively in three words: obsessive, stubborn, overworked
7. Strengths/Skills/Talents: I sing and sometimes write fairly well. I work hard. I also solve problems rather well, and I usually do well coming up with logical arguments and the like.
8. Weaknesses: I'm a bit of a workaholic, and I sometimes take on more than I can handle. I'm also not as outgoing as I should be or mean to be.
9. Food: Mu Shu Vegetables
10. Colour: Burgundy
11. Three Movies (that are not Sondheim related): A Beautiful Mind, Amélie and Love Actually
12. Three Books (that are not Sondheim related): The Hunchback of Notre-Dame (Victor Hugo), Assassination Vacation (Sarah Vowell, I'm not sure if this one counts, as she mentions Assassins a couple times, so I'll list an extra book in case it doesn't), Flowers for Algernon (Daniel Keyes) and The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
13. Season: Winter
14. Place: Either New York City or Paris
15. Song: It always changes, but for the moment..."Not While I'm Around" from Sweeney Todd or "Johanna (Quartet)" from Sweeney Todd (I've been on a Sweeney Todd kick, it's been my background music as I've been working on my psychology paper on obsessive-compulsive disorder)
16. Quote: "Your paranoia was a whole lot sexier back when you guys were communists." from the West Wing is the first one that comes to mind, if we're talking musicals, I'll go with "Always standing by, mapping out the sky" from Sunday in the Park with George
17. Non-Sondheim musical theatre character: Eponine from Les Misérables. I'll work on coming up with a more original one, but that's all I've got for now. I glean a strange sort of amusement from obsessive and/or stalker-y characters. (No shortage of those in Sondheim musicals, part of why I'm a fan)
18. Non-Sondheim show: Les Misérables
Do you prefer. . .
19. Andrew Lloyd Webber or Stephen Schwartz? Andrew Lloyd Weber
20. Bernadette Peters or Mandy Patinkin? Bernadette Peters (But if this is really a Dot vs. George question in disguise, then George all the way)
21. Vegetables or Fruits? Hmmm...like them both, but fruits
22. Murder or Deceit? Deceit (It's a little disturbing how easy that question was for me)
23. Words or Actions? Words
24. Flowers or Chocolates? Both are pretty impermanent, but I guess chocolate wins.
25. Walking or Running? Running
26. Singing or Dancing? Singing
27. Black or White? Black. I always spill things on white.
28. Tell us how much you love us (points if you get creative): I love you a great deal. You lounge in caftans. Well done you. I had no idea what caftans were until I googled it a couple minutes ago. (If you're curious)
29. Anything else you'd like to tell us? I'm a closet optimist, really. I don't know why that's important.
30. Please post at least two clear pictures of yourself.